Skip to main content
Utility Billing

New Customers

Come to City Hall, 1009 Dale Avenue Suite A Benton City, to sign up for water and/or sewer. There is a $20.00 non-refundable new account fee that must be paid before service will transferred into your name. If you are renting, please bring a copy of your lease agreement showing the landlord consents to putting the account in the tenant's name.

Closing Your Account

If you are moving and need to close your account, please call at least 3 working days before your anticipated move date to schedule a closing read. Water service is not turned off. The meter is read and you are billed for usage up to the closing date. If you are a renter, the bill will be prorated as of the 1st or the 15th of the month, depending on the date identified on the termination form.


A water/sewer hookup permit is required before making a water/sewer connection. The portion of the connection within the right-of-way and easements must be inspected by the Public Works Department, and all installations must be inspected on private property prior to covering the pipe. A hookup permit is not authority to cut into the street right-of-way. A separate permit is required for all work within the right-of-way and only bona-fide, bonded contractors may work within the right-of-way.

Services usually require the installation of a backflow valve in accordance with Section 409, Uniform Plumbing Code. Contact City Hall for the Building Inspector’s assistance.

Cross-connection devices or vacuum breakers must be installed in accordance with Section 1003, Uniform Plumbing Code.

Return to home page
Benton City
PO Box 70, 1009 Dale Avenue, Suite A. Benton City, WA 99320
Phone: (509) 588-3322  |   Fax: (509) 588-3323
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Site Map  |  Accessibility  

Government Websites by MunicipalCMS
E-notify RSS Feeds Facebook